Items for the Week: Also see items in green box below:
I. - End of Level TESTING - See Schedule HERE
I. - Link to nominate for SCC for next year: http://goo.gl/forms/QbA4QjEPCQ
II. - Logan-Hillcrest-Huskies Facebook Page-
*Aug 2015- May 2016 School Year*
am session - 8:10 am - 10:40 am
pm session (bus riders) - 11:20 am - 2:30 pm
pm session - 12:00 am - 2:30 pm
am session - 8:10 am - 11:20 am
pm session - 11:20 am - 2:30 pm
1st - 5th grades
8:10 am - 2:30 pm
Breakfast & Lunch
FREE breakfast will be served from 7:30 am - 8:00 am.
Lunch = $1.75
- "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be." --Rosalynn Carter
- We are re-doing our web site: Please click on the following link to give us feedback on how to make it better: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VKT9MWV
- We will be holding two summer school classes: One will be Science in the Park for incoming 1st Graders (taught by Chris and Heather) and the other class will be Project Science Academy for grades 2-5 (taught by Rebecca and Madison). They will be contacting you for names of students. Thanks for helping.
- Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Please have the inside of your doors cleared of all materials by this Wednesday so the PTA can decorate your doors. This is a fun tradition.
- Thursday is our next SAC meeting. If you have agenda items please put them in the SAC box in the faculty room or submit them via the google form from our web site (SAC-I have a concern)
- Here is the schedule this week (please note the Arbor Day Assembly on Friday:-)
Monday: Learning, creating, & leading, NOVA graduation @ 1:00 pm, 5th PLC's
Tuesday: Learning, creating, & leading, 1st PLC's
Wednesday: Learning, creating, & leading, 3rd & 2nd PLC's
Thursday: Learning, creating, & leading, LIghthouse Team/SAC Meeting @ 7:15 am, 4th PLC's
Friday: Learning, creating, & leading, Arbor Day Assembly @ 2:00 pm in the auditorium, PTA Movie Night @ 6:30 pm in the auditorium (Peanuts: the Movie)
Have a great week!!
- Fundraiser is ongoing. Keep on raising $$
TESTING IN SESSION
Dear Hillcrest Families - It is hard to believe that another school year is winding down but we still have April and May to help our students learn, create, and lead.
April and May is the time of year when we have the students continue to show what they know with our annual SAGE testing. Attached is the calendar for grades 3-5. Most of our testing is done first thing in the morning so our students are fresh.
Here are some helps as we start testing this week:
1. Please have the students get a good night's rest
2. Breakfast is an important meal for brain function. We do offer free breakfast at the school for all students or feed them at home before they come.
3. Ask them about what they have learned and how they felt they did. Focus on progress and growth.
Thank you so much. If you have any questions please contact us at the main office at 435.755.2360.
Learn, Create, Lead, & Go for the Gold!!
Need a password for an online account?
Please contact your student's teacher, Principal Markworth, Mrs. Davis, or our computer specialist, Mrs. Pinnock.
Hillcrest Elementary's mission is to provide students with an educational environment that accelerates and enhances academic excellence, social development and self-sufficiency.
Vision: Leaders Start Here.